CLEANED AND SOLD FOR REDEVELOPMENT IN 4 YEARS!
CLP purchased the 276-acre site of the former Eastman Kodak plant in Middleway, West Virginia in 2014 which included 325,000 sq. ft. under roof, 13-acre natural spring water lake, and a 46-acre parcel added in 2018.
“Proposed remediation methods include establishing an institutional control such as a land covenant that prohibits use of groundwater for drinking water, backfilling the spill ponds with a layer of clean soil and potentially treating TCE in groundwater at the source area.”Jake Glance, public information specialist with the West Virginia DEP
- Received certificate of completion from WV DEP on all remediation including soil and groundwater
- In-situ injections were used to remediate a large TCE plume
- Two landfills closed through solid waste division (first ever industrial landfills closed in WEST VIRGINIA)
- Asbestos abatement completed in 2017
- Site sold and is being redeveloped by industrial manufacturer in 2019
- Commercial park: A new commercial/industrial park.
- Water supply: Using Lake Louise to provide a public-private water supply to service the industrial park and possibly the town of Middleway.
- Historic preservation: Transferring a portion of the site to the Historic Landmarks Commission for Civil War battlefield preservation.