CLP purchased the former AEP Muskingum River Plant in Waterford, Ohio in August 2015, with plans to repurpose much of the industrial area for redevelopment.
- CLP has successfully closed the 44 acre CCR middle pond using a conventional cap system (first in the State of Ohio)
- Finalizing clean closure of the bottom ash lower pond by summer of 2019
- In process closing the 152 acre upper fly ash pond using an OEPA approved aquatic habitat design liner system (first in the state of Ohio)
- Boiler slag area being beneficially reused as sandblast material
- 1,425 MW plant completed demolished, abated and closed out
- Coal yard remediated and seeded
- 300 acre redevelopment of the industrial area in progress.
Plans for the site include a high-tech industrial park and a unique sustainable wildlife preserve that is being patented by CLP.